Has anyone ever told you to be careful how you pray? Well, I’m finding, once again that when we ask great things of God the way will not be easy. It’s through much tribulation that we enter the Kingdom.
Because we have to be stripped of self and it’s painful!
My prayer for some time has been…’No more ‘Me’ Lord, just all Christ in me.
Well, this morning turned into a time of wrestling with the ‘Me’ in me, as I struggled to cling onto some of it.
God has given me a path of suffering. A life of physical weakness and disabilities that doesn’t allow me to do many of the things I’d like to do.
I only wrestled with this a little initially, in fact, it’s something I’ve often thanked and praised God for because He has used it to bring me so, so much closer to Him.
Today though has been a huge struggle and battle. I’ve been allowing the enemy to discourage me, to tell me that I’m useless and that I don’t matter. He’s reminding me of all the things I can’t do, all the times I haven’t been able to join in and all the things I won’t be able to do in the future.
But as I’ve been sitting here wrestling with these things in prayer, God is reminding me in a deeper way that…
1. I am beloved, just as I am.
2. I never have been able to and never will be able to do anything, not even breathe, without Him.
3. That God is using today to show me just how much ‘Me’ there still is and how much of the ‘Well Me’ I still long for.
4. That the refining fire needs to be hot if the gold is to be purified.
5. That the stripping away of self is hard but it leaves more room for my God to use me for His glory.
6. That the more I realise my own inabilities, the more I’m relying on Christ and that is just where I long to be.
7. That I can lie passive in His arms and rest there because He has promised to hold me.
8. God can and has just taken the enemies lies to show me that I’M wanting to be enough when my worth is actually not in what I do but in who I am in Christ.
9. That my prayers are being answered and that for each bit of me that is stripped away there will be more room for Christ to fill me, which truly is what my soul longs for.
10. That there is perfect peace and victory to be found when we surrender our struggles to our Saviour.
Are you struggling in your pathway today friend?
Wrestle with your doubts and fears and the enemies lies in prayer at the feet of Jesus until, through Christ, you gain the victory and find peace.
The way isn’t easy and the battles are exhausting but the way IS beautiful when we walk leaning upon our Beloved, trusting in His perfect wisdom and victory is sure when we have the Lord on our side.
‘for when I am weak, then am I strong.’ 2 Cor 12:10
Praise God from whom all blessings flow;
Praise him, all creatures here below;
Praise him above, ye heavenly host:
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
2 thoughts on “The Struggle is Hard but Victory is Certain with God on our Side.”
Thank you so much for writing so open and biblical. I love it! Let is walk all our days leaning upon our Beloved.
My wand’ring feet his ways mistake,
But he restores my soul to peace,
And leads me, for his mercy’s sake,
In the fair paths of righteousness.
Though I walk through the gloomy vale
Where death and all its terrors are,
My heart and hope shall never fail,
For God my Shepherd’s with me there.
Amidst the darkness and the deeps
Thou art my comfort, thou my stay;
Thy staff supports my feeble steps,
Thy rod directs my doubtful way.
Isaac Watts (Psalm 23)
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Aritha, YES! Always and only leaning upon our Beloved. That’s a beautiful hymn. ❤️